20 Questions For Marty Stuart
|This appeared on Canoe.ca.com's website on August 1, 1999|
Marty Stuart is mostly known for two things: partying and music.
A student of Lester Flatt, Doc Watson, Johnny Cash and anyone else he's rubbed shoulders with since joining Flatt's band in his early teens, Stuart nonetheless forged his own identity as kind of a party country rocker, a little on the campy side, but always ready to show his fans a good time.
His longtime relationship with Johnny Cash started when he married the Man in Black's daughter Cindy. Although the marriage failed by 1986, Cash and Stuart maintained such a camaraderie the former dedicated a chapter in his latest biography to him.
Despite his numerous ties to country's past. Stuart, playing Big Valley this year, is an original.
1. What was the last movie you really loved?
2. What was the first album you owned?
3. What was the last book you read?
4. What's your favourite hangout?
5. Do you have a pet peeve?
6. What's your idea of a perfect Sunday?
7. What's your favourite junk food?
8. What are you doing on New Year's Eve 1999?
9. What gadget or gizmo can you not live without?
10. Do you have a hobby or habit that you think would surprise people?
11. What's your favourite piece of clothing?
12. What would you change about yourself if you could?
13. Whom do you most admire?
14. What is your greatest extravagance?
15. Have you ever been mistaken for another celebrity?
16. Do you have a favourite quote?
17. What is your greatest weakness?
18. If you are reincarnated, who will you be?
19. What would you say is the most important lesson Johnny Cash taught you?
20. What made you decide to do a theme album? Did it have anything to do with the millennium approaching?
|Return To Articles||Return To Home Page|