Cowboys, Kennesaw, GA on July 26, 2002

I finished my final exam about 7:15 Friday evening and met up with my niece and we headed to Cowboys in Kennesaw. It took us a little over an hour. We found the hotel and checked in. I needed to change because I was still in my work clothes. We found Cowboys without too much trouble. We got in around 9:45 p.m. and found our table. I met a lady at our table that is a fan club member. Her name is Judy and she emails Sherry. I think I talked her into joining the Martypals. She is very nice. It was she and her sister. The house band started about 10:30 p.m. They played for about an hour. The stage was changed and out came Marty about 11:45.

I can never remember the play list. He did most of the old stuff -- "Tempted," "Now That's Country," "Hillbilly Rock," "Little Things," etc. He was having a blast on stage. He did some new things, I think the name of one of the songs was "I Surrender" -- I love that song. He said it would be on his new CD coming out soon. Each band member did a song on their own-they were really jamming. They are pretty good singers. There is a lot of interaction between Marty and the band. He finished with "Hillbilly Rock." He came back and did a couple more songs and ended with "Southern Accent" -- I love that one, too. He only played for a little over an hour. The show came to an end way too soon.

We were sitting right next to the stage. Ken, I think that is his name, the guitar player came back out. We ask him about a meet-n-greet and he said he didn't think so. He and drummer were standing at the table next to us having a beer and talking. They were very nice. We hung for about an hour and no meeting Marty. I have the worst luck with meeting him.

I loved the show and had a very good time. We went to Waffle House to eat and the table behind us was talking about Marty and his 80s hair. We got back to the hotel around 2:30 a.m.

Review by Denise Samples, Stockbridge, GA

Return To Concert Reviews Return To Home Page